Electronic Records Management (ERM) Master - mode of study
Option 1: Public 4-day ERM training
Option 2: In-house ERM training
Records Management training
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training explores records management in relation to the business needs of all types of organizations both in the public and private sector, embracing all records but with a particular emphasis on electronic records.
ERM Master (ERMm) designation
You will be awarded the AIIM ERM Master (ERMm) designation after passing the online exam and case study exercise. By earning this designation, you can call yourself an ERM Master.
ECM, BPM and SharePoint certifcate trainings
AIIM represents the Information Management community as the global association for both users and suppliers of ECM, ERM, BPM and SharePoint solutions. AIIM have existed for more than 60 years and is a not-for-profit organization.
Records Management training: study requirements
After joining the Electronic Records Management (ERM) training, the exam and case study exercise are available via the internet. The course participant must pass these within 3 months of attending the Electronic Records Management (ERM) training.
Records Management training: who will attend?
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training provides a detailed coverage of records management in the electronic environment for people working in both the public and private sector. Through attendance in this program, delegates will be able to consolidate their current position and standing, as well as prepare for future career development in a more senior role in the management and development of an organization's records and information management strategy.
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training is designed for Business Managers, IT Managers, Compliance Officers, Archivists, Librarians, Risk Managers, Records Managers and Information Managers, as well as for solution providers, sales consultants, project managers, and technical staff.
In-house Electronic Records Management (ERM) training:
- saves you time and money;
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment;
- can be arranged for groups from 6 people or more;
- will take place at a time chosen by and convenient to you; and
- sensitive issues can be openly discussed because there are no outsiders.
Are you interested? Please call us at +31 (0)40 - 246 02 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
ERM Master benefits
As an ERM Master you will:
- position yourself to be tomorrow's leader by enhancing your business and professional skills;
- learn global best practices for planning and implementing Electronic Records Management;
- discover real world solutions and best practices for challenges you face; and
- learn from experts in the field who are able to answer your questions, available to address your comments, and willing to accept your feedback.
Records Management: Why, what and how to implement?
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training covers why, what and how to implement ERM. The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training is built up among four essential elements:
- The ERM Strategic component provides you with the knowledge to get ownership and support by senior executives and users
- The ERM Concept component covers the lifecycle of records and related concepts such as Classification Schemes, Metadata, Security, Retention and Disposal.
- The ERM Process component covers the implementation and related processes such as Information Survey, Business Requirements, Business Case, and Roll Out.
- The ERM Case component allows you to discuss, share and learn global best practices for ERM.
Records Management: didactics
The AIIM trainings follow the Oxford Learning Model with engaging, impactful and live workshops with participative and challenging exercises. The elements of this methodology are:
- 3 Domains: development should engage participants at three levels: emotionally (feeling the heart); logically (thinking the head) and practically (doing the hand)
- Transferability: delegates should always be able to see how the skills that they are developing can be used back at their workplace
- Memory: the design of the event and the activities within it should be memorable
- Measures: participants (and their organizations) should be able to measure the impact of the intervention
- 5 Senses: the activities within a development program should appeal to all 5 senses wherever possible, to stimulate a range of different responses
- Reflective Dialogue: activities are not effective unless there is a period of reflection built into a program, so that participants can reflect on their actions and plan how they would do things in future
- Transparency: AIIM encourages an environment of openness, trust and transparency, no tricks, no reporting back unless agreed.
For courses in Dutch, please have a look at www.imf-online.com.
ERM Strategic Component - (Why ERM?)
- Understand ERM business drivers
- Be able to do a wake up call about the need for best practice ERM
- Make an explicit link between ERM and the current situation
- Demonstrate how ERM affects each user
- Understand the concepts of ERM and show how it supports information challenges
- Identify necessary resources and responsibilities for implementing ERM
- Explore the implications of a strategic ERM decision
- Gain commitment for change
- What's involved?
- Who's responsible?
- Case Studies
ERM Concept Component - (What is ERM?) - Part A
- Understand Records Management terminology
- Understand the lifecycle of records with focus on electronic records
- Consider the sources of records and appropriate capture mechanisms
- Explain the concepts of classification and different approaches depending on local business needs
- Review current metadata standards and guidelines
- Understand search and retrieval
- Explore different levels of access control and permissions
ERM Concept - Part B
- Determine retention or disposal
- Creating records, Classification Schemes
- Review digital preservation techniques
- Determine migration
- Agree upon ERM administration and audit
- Identify necessary legislation, standards and regulation
- Understand discovery, disclosure and related issues
ERM Process Component - (How to implement ERM?)
- Manage an ERM program consisting of several coordinated projects
- Identify the new roles, responsibilities and organizational structure to provide governance and management of an ERM facility
- Understand Concept of Operations as a shared vision of an ERM future
- Develop an Information Survey: what information do we have?
- Develop a Business Case for ERM
- Identify the business requirements of the ERM system
- Develop and implement a Business Classification Scheme
- Explain the details of user groups and users
- Understand the impact of implementing ERM on the organizations IT infrastructure
- Understand Pilot Implementation / Model Office
- Define and explain the roll-out stage of ERM projects
- Recognize steps involved with sustaining ERM after implementation and realizing the benefits
- Post-workshop Case Study
The Electronic Records Management (ERM) training will be held in:
LONDON (UNITED KINGDOM)
- 13-16 December 2016
- 31 October - 3 November 2017
- 5-8 December 2017
AMSTERDAM (THE NETHERLANDS)
- 18-21 April 2017
In case you are unable to attend these days, please let us know.
For more information on other locations and dates (for example in the USA or Asia), please contact our offices at +31 (0)40 246 02 20 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case you are a member of AIIM, you receive a discount and the price amounts to € 2.195,- (excl. VAT).