Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training
4-day training class to become an AIIM ECM Master
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) Master - mode of study
Option 1: Public 4-day ECM training
Option 2: In-house ECM training
Enterprise Content Management training
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training covers the strategies, tools and technologies used to capture, store, manage, preserve and deliver information in support of business processes. It provides you with a framework which enables the management of information assets across an organization, and it ties in relevant components and technologies. This could be Electronic Document Management, Modern Records Management, Workflow, Business Process Management, Web Content Management, Collaboration and Digital Asset Management.
ECM Master (ECMm) designation
You will be awarded the AIIM ECM Master (ECMm) designation after passing the online exam and case study exercise. By earning this designation, you can call yourself an AIIM ECM Master.
MRM, BPM and CIP certifcate trainings
AIIM represents the information management community as the global association for both users and suppliers of Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Business Process Management (BPM), Information Management (IM) and Modern Records Management (MRM) solutions. AIIM has existed for more than 60 years and is a not-for-profit organization. AIIM has over 195,000 members worldwide.
Enterprise Content Management training: study requirements
After joining the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training, the exam and case study exercise are available via the internet. The course participant must pass these within 3 months of attending the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training.
Enterprise Content Management training: Who will attend?
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training is designed for Business Managers, IT Managers, Compliance Officers, Archivists, Librarians, Risk Managers, Records Managers, and Information Managers, as well as for solution providers, sales consultants, project managers, and technical staff.
ECM Master benefits
As an ECM Master you will:
- position yourself to be tomorrow's leader by enhancing your business and professional skills;
- learn global best practices for planning and implementing ECM;
- discover real world solutions and best practices for challenges you face;
- learn from experts in the field who are able to answer your questions, available to address your comments, and willing to accept your feedback; and
- be allowed to use the associated logo and title on your business card, email signature, web page, etc.
ECM Strategy, Concept, Process and Case
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training is built up among four essential pilars, namely the ECM Strategy, ECM Concepts, ECM Process and the ECM Case.
- The ECM Strategic component provides you with the knowledge to get ownership and support by senior executives and users
- The ECM Concept component covers the information lifecycle and related concepts such as Electronic Document Management, Collaboration, Business Process Management and Electronic Records Management.
- The ECM Process component covers the implementation of programs and projects, and related processes such as Information Governance, Concepts of Operations, Information Survey, Business Case, IT infrastructure details and After Implementation Management.
- The ECM Case component allows to you discuss, share and learn global best practices for ECM.
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training follows the Oxford Learning Model with engaging, impactful and live workshops with participative and challenging exercises. The elements of this methodology are:
- 3 Domains: development should engage participants at three levels emotionally (feeling the heart); logically (thinking the head) and practically (doing the hand)
- Transferability: delegates should always be able to see how the skills that they are developing can be used back at their workplace
- Memory: the design of the event and the activities within it should be memorable
- Measures: participants (and their organizations) should be able to measure the impact of the intervention
- 5 Senses: the activities within a development program should appeal to all 5 senses wherever possible, to stimulate a range of different responses
- Reflective Dialogue: activities are not effective unless there is a period of reflection built into a program, so that participants can reflect on their actions and plan how they would do things in future
- Transparency: AIIM encourages an environment of openness, trust and transparency no tricks, no reporting back unless agreed.
AIIMs training programs are essential to anyone in Information Management. Without up to date training, systems and programs are set up - but may be at risk, in the long run, if developed by the under trained. The Information Management Industry as a whole is developing at the speed of light, so even someone like myself (a 23 year veteran) needs to refresh their training and stay on top of technology and advancement in trends to understand how to apply it. AIIMs training programs provide this education.
TK Train, CRM, ECMp, MBA, Document Control Manager, Gambro
Enterprise records management or content management projects are comprised of cross functional teams with various backgrounds and specialties. It is important to the success of such projects that interdisciplinary teams develop a common lexicon and understanding of key concepts as fast as possible to enable collaboration. AIIMs educational curricula serve this need quickly and excellently.
Jayne Bellyk, RIM Program Manager, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
Kodak clearly understands the value of the AIIM ECM courses. Our sales team uses this knowledge often as we support our document imaging resellers in their sales processes.
Todd LeVeque ECMp CDIA+, Director - US Channel Sales, Document Imaging - Graphic Communications Group, Eastman Kodak Company
The AIIM ECM training course provides an extremely comprehensive platform related to the enterprise content management industry and the technologies that support and drive it. The materials are thorough, up-to-date and well presented. I would recommend the course to both vendors and customers of ECM solutions.
John Opdycke, Vice President of Marketing, Hyland Software
Fujitsu chose the AIIM ECM Certificate Training Program to empower our partners with the tools and strategies to help companies world-wide achieve successful ECM implementations.
Pamela Doyle, Director, Fujitsu Imaging Products Group
For courses in Dutch, please have a look at www.imf-online.com.
Would you like your logo/banner to be displayed here and are you interested in becoming a partner? Join us now and you and your business will have exposure during our monthly courses, on our website, in our brochures and through our newsletters. Contact us for more information!
In-house Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training:
- saves you time and money;
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment;
- can be arranged for groups from 6 people or more;
- will take place at a time chosen by and convenient to you; and
- sensitive issues can be openly discussed because there are no outsiders.
Are you interested? Please call us at +31 (0)40 - 246 02 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
ECM Strategy (Why ECM?)
- Understand the concept of ECM and its business drivers
- Be able to justify a wake up callÂ about the need for best practice ECM
- Make an explicit link between ECM and the current situation
- Structure for identifying information assets
- Enable content collaboration and reuse across an organization
- Identify necessary resources and responsibilities for ECM
- Explore the implications of a strategic ECM decision
- Gain commitment for change
- What's involved and who's responsible?
ECM Concept (What is ECM?) part A
Understand the information lifecycle, focusing on electronic content: capture, store, manage, preserve and deliver
ECM Concept part B
- Consider the sources of information and appropriate capture mechanisms
- Decide upon relevant storage models including audit trail and storage technologies
- Consider the different concepts for managing information and content, such as BPM, Workflow, Collaboration, and Business Continuity
- Review digital preservation techniques
- Consider different ways of delivering information and content to employees, partners and customers
- Decide upon re-purposing and interoperability
- Review necessary metadata and indexing
- Explain the concepts of classification and different approaches depending on local business needs
- Cover search and retrieval
- Discuss different levels of access control and security
- Define interfaces, legacy systems and migration
- Understand the impact of legislation, standards and regulation
ECM Process (How do you implement ECM?)
- Manage an ECM program consisting of several coordinated projects
- Identify the new roles, responsibilities and organizational structure necessary to provide governance and management
- Understand the Concept of OperationsÂ as a shared vision of an ECM future
- Plan and execute an Information Survey: what information do we have?
- Develop a Business Case for ECM
- Identify the business requirements of ECM systems
- Develop and implement a Business Classification Scheme
- Understand details of user groups and users
- Recognize the impact of implementing ECM on the organizations IT infrastructure
- Plan Pilot Implementation / Model Office
- Plan roll-out stage of ECM Projects
- Recognize the steps involved in sustaining ECM after implementation and realising the benefits
Allow participants to test and use their new knowledge for planning, designing and implementing ECM.
- Introduction of Case Studies
- Group 1 Strategy
- Group 2 Concepts
- Group 3 Process
- Develop possible solutions
- Presentations by Groups
- Evaluation & Discussions
- Post-Workshop Case Study
The Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training will be held at the following locations and dates:
Enterprise Content Management (ECM) - training I
- 26 - 29 November 2019 (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)
In case you are unable to attend these days, please let us know.
For more information on other locations and dates (for example in Asia), please contact our offices at +31 (0)40 246 02 20 or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee / RegistrationThe fee for the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training is € 2.415,- (VAT excl.) per participant. This price includes all training materials, access to 26 supporting web modules and 3 opportunities to take and pass the AIIM ECM Master web exam.
In case you are a member of AIIM, you receive a discount and the price amounts to € 2.195,- (excl. VAT).
*USD price is an approximate value. The actual USD price is based on the invoice date's exchange rate.