Cyber Security - Threat Detection
Protect the security and integrity of the data of your organization by earning the Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection!
Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection – mode of study
The Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection program consists of 4 courses, spanning 9 weeks per course. The Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection is a stand-alone part of the international Master in Cyber Security and can be studied through e-learning.
Cyber Security-Threat Detection – what will you learn?
Protecting the security and integrity of data is becoming ever more vital for businesses and organizations worldwide. As a graduate of the Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection program, you will have an understanding of the Cyber Security infrastructure as well as the laws and policies dealing with cyber crime. You will examine various methods that are used to threaten cyber systems. As a successful graduate you are able to effectively propose solutions to securing cyber networks and to ensure the online security of your company.
Cyber Security-Threat Detection – protect your interests and secure your future
The Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection focuses on the knowledge and tools necessary to address the increasing demand on corporate and governmental organizations to improve the security of their cyber content. The Certificate provides an understanding of current Cyber Security threats, the phraseology and terminology used, as well as the various roles, responsibilities and tools related to the detection of cyber threats.
Cyber Security-Threat Detection – target group
The Certificate is targeted at those who want to secure their enterprise and their future - whether you are working as a professional in the public or private sector. When you are an IT Manager, security specialist, technology manager or policy maker, this is the Certificate course for you to protect the security and integrity of the data of your company.
Cyber Security-Threat Detection – admission requirements
The Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection is aimed at professionals with a relevant Bachelor or Master's degree in the field of IT, Business or International Relations, adequate proficiency in the English language and several years of professional experience, who wish to broaden or deepen their knowledge of threat detection.
What is a Certificate program?
A Certificate program is a short, focused program designed to give you advanced skills in a particular subject or area of expertise. This e-learning program Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection is part of the Master in Cyber Security.
Cyber Security-Threat Detection – language of instruction
The language of instruction for this Certificate program is English. You will need to take an English proficiency test at the start of this Certificate program in order to proceed.
Cyber Security-Threat Detection – course load
The Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection program consists of 4 courses. One course spans 9 weeks. Each course is taken through e-learning. Per course you need to take into account 20 study hours per week altogether.
Master in Cyber Security – an interesting continuation of the Certificate
After having obtained the Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection, you can - if you wish - proceed with the Master in Cyber Security. You have already earned 12 credit hours (out of a total of 39 credit hours).
Cyber Security-Threat Detection – why study with us?
Points of distinction of this international Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection are:
- The Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection consists of 4 courses, spanning 9 weeks each. You can take a course at a time that suits you best. You should, however, always start with the first course 'Introduction to Cyber Security'.
- There are 5 start dates a year: January, March, May, August and October.
- All courses are studied through e-learning so that you can easily combine this Certificate with your job.
- You can take a term off if necessary without any (financial) penalties involved.
- You can pay for the full Certificate at once or you can choose to pay for each course separately (only € 2,400 per course).
- You will receive an official graduate Certificate.
Who should you contact for more information?
Please contact Sonja Boelhouwer MSc for more information at +31 (0)40 246 0220 or send her an e-mail (email@example.com).
Would you like your logo/banner to be displayed here and are you interested in becoming a partner? Join us now and you and your business will have exposure during our monthly courses, on our website, in our brochures and through our newsletters. Contact us for more information!
Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection – Curriculum
Course I – Introduction to Cyber Security
- Introduction to Computer System Architectures
- Critical Infrastructures
- The growing threat of Social Networks
- Intelligence and Counter Intelligence
- International laws
- Security Policies
- Privacy and Information Liability
- Cyber Attacks and counter Cyber attacks
- Risk Assessment
- Cyber Security Forensics including data gathering and data recovery
- Future Cyber Technology developments
Course II – Cyber Security Infrastructures
Growing Cyber Security threat requires increased focus on potential virtual attacks on a country's critical infrastructure. Both physical and virtual in capacitance of a critical infrastructure such as energy, transport, banking, stock exchange, healthcare and key internet enablers such as e-commerce platforms, social networks and public administration can have a great impact on society. Cyber attacks have and can cripple an industry and the services they provide to millions of users. Critical national and international infrastructures are examined from a Cyber Security perspective.
Course III – Cyber Security Law and Policy
- The laws and policies dealing with cyber crime, cyber warfare, privacy and international perspectives
- In depth look at the Cyber Security strategy of the European Union, The European Union Network and Information Security (NIS) Directive
- In depth look at the US National Security Act, the US Cyber Security Electronic Act, the Cyber Security Enhancement Act, the Protecting Cyber Security as a National Asset Act, the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA)
- (International) cyber crime laws
- Review of other current laws and policies
Course IV – Cyber Security Threat Detection
- Various methods used to threaten our cyber system such as viruses, spoofing, denial of service, fraud, theft, phishing, spy bots, spam, Trojan horses, e-mail and active malware attachments, viral applications, hardware (computers and portable storage devices) with built-in viruses or trap-doors, fake websites
- Eaves dropping via wireless networks
- Criminal access to national, corporate or personal data
- The growing loss of privacy over social networks
The Certificate in Cyber Security-Threat Detection program consists of 4 courses, each spanning 9 weeks. The Certificate program is fully studied through e-learning. You can enroll every 2 months. You can take the courses in the order you wish (except for the mandatory first course 'Introduction to Cyber Security'). The core course 'Introduction to Cyber Security' starts on:
- 27 May 2019
- 18 August 2019
- 21 October 2019
- 6 January 2020
- 16 March 2020
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Cloud Security (CCSK)
- Cyber Security First Responder (CFR)
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- Identity Management & Access Control
- ISO 31000 Risk Management
- Risk Management - Certified ISO 27005 Risk Manager
- Master in Cyber Security