Balanced Scorecard (BSC)
Translating strategy into action
The Balanced Scorecard (BSC) has attracted much attention over the last ten years. A growing number of large organisations, as well as several medium and small-sized ones, now have experience with the BSC.
The implementation of a BSC will have far-reaching consequences for your organisation and employees. EY (Ernst & Young) Advisory Services will share their vision on how the BSC can contribute to the achievement of your strategic goals, as well as on how it should be implemented.
The authors present the BSC as both a measurement system and an essential cornerstone in the management system that identifies strategic objectives and operational measures across four perspectives.
These essential perspectives (financial, customer, internal process, and learning and growth) allow companies to specify the objectives that balance short-term financial performance with the drivers of growth opportunities for the future.
This distance learning course on The Balanced Scorecard is focused on the senior management and decision takers of large and middle-sized companies, as well as of non-profit organisations.
Would you like your logo/banner to be displayed here and are you interested in becoming a partner? Join us now and you and your business will have exposure during our monthly courses, on our website, in our brochures and through our newsletters. Contact us for more information!
- saves time and money;
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment;
- can be arranged for groups from 6 people or more;
- will take place at a time chosen by and convenient to you; and
- sensitive issues can be openly discussed because there are no outsiders.
Are you interested? Please call us at +31 (0)40 - 246 02 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibilities.
Why organisations need a Balanced Scorecard
- Initial introduction to the BSC and its development
- An overview of the BSC theory
- The use of the four perspectives
- The BSC compared to other theories
- Could the BSC concept be of use to your organisation?
Value Based Management using the BSC
- Why value value?
- What drives value?
- The goal of VBM is the improvement of performance
- Using the BSC to monitor and improve value drivers
A deeper understanding of the four perspectives
- The financial perspective
- The customer perspective
- The internal process perspective
- The learning and growth perspective
Translating strategy into measures
- Corporate strategy and the consequences of performance management
- Business unit strategy and the consequences for performance management
- Strategy drives the scorecard
- Building a scorecard that suits your strategy
The alignment of management control processes
- Using the BSC in a management control process
- Traditional and other definitions of management control
- Control mechanism to drive strategic renewal
- Effective management control requires alignment
- Setting up an effective management control system
- Programme selection
- Operations and measurement
- Reporting and analysis
Information technology as an enabler
- Data warehousing
- Intranet and extranet
- The possibilities offered by IT
- What to look for when selecting a vendor
- Challenges when automating a BSC
Orchestrating change using the Balanced Scorecard
- Critical success factors in implementing the BSC
- Developing leadership for the changes the BSC will bring
- Developing a business case
- Developing a change strategy
- Building commitment
- Aligning the organisation
The project that successfully builds the Scorecard
- More cases
The authors of this course are all working within EY (Ernst & Young) Advisory Services. The experienced team of instructors guarantees that you will complete your study armed with a great deal of new information and ideas. The principles of the BSC have been succesfully applied in both manufacturing and service companies. Examples from relevant companies will also be presented in this course. Chief editor of this course is Marco Schilder, Managing Advisor Multi National Clients.