Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP)
Become a data management professional and join this 4-day training leading to the worldwide recognized Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) certification of DAMA International
Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) – mode of study
Option 1: 4-day training (plus exam) – in-class and live online
Option 2: In-company training – in-class and live online
CDMP – the gold standard in the data management field
Data management is one of the youngest professions and many of you work in jobs that didn't even exist before. Organisations across the globe need knowledgeable data professionals who can help them better leverage their data assets in a world of ever-increasing data volumes and real-time business requirements.
The Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) credential is a globally recognized certification and many organisations are asking for this certification (more than other certifications) as a mandatory requirement for employment in the data management field. The CDMP certificate shows that you are capable, knowledgeable and an expert in your field. Surveys show that CDMP-certified data management professionals earn more, and advance at a more rapid pace than their non-certified colleagues. The 4-day CDMP training is a comprehensive training program to help data-driven professionals prepare for the certification requirements of the official CDMP exam.
All organisations need certainty that people who are managing this important strategic asset are qualified. Become a CDMP now and register today for this top data management professional training!
DAMA International is the global membership organisation for data management professionals. The CDMP certification was established by DAMA Int. and is the gold standard for measuring accomplishment in the data management field. For over 30 years now, DAMA has been the leading organization for data professionals by developing a comprehensive body of data management standards and practices.
Who should be CDMP certified?
The CDMP credential is a must for Chief Data Officers (CDO's), CIO's, data governance managers, data quality managers, data scientists, data architects, data specialists, data engineers, data administrators, data analysts, data modelers, database administrators, DWH analysts, Business Intelligence (BI) professionals, information, application and solutions architects, project/program managers, business analysts, Data Protection Officers (DPO's) and many other data professionals.
CDMP exam information
The Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) exam is based on DAMA-DMBOK2 (the most recent version) and covers 14 topics. During the training these topics will be covered accordingly.
The exam question coverage by each of the topics is:
1. Data management process - 2%
2. Big data - 2%
3. Data architecture - 6%
4. Document and content management - 6%
5. Data ethics - 2%
6. Data governance - 11%
7. Data integration and interoperability - 6%
8. Master and reference data management - 10%
9. Data modelling and design - 11%
10. Data quality - 11%
11. Data security - 6%
12. Data storage and operations - 6%
13. Data Warehousing (DWH) and Business Intelligence (BI) - 10%
14. Metadata management - 11%
The CDMP exam consists of 100 questions and you have 90 minutes to complete the exam once you start. If English is not your native language, you will get an additional 20 minutes to complete the exam. The CDMP exam is an online open book exam. A final score of 60% leads to passing the exam.
Retake of the CDMP exam
If you don't pass the CDMP exam the first time, you may re-take the exam (at extra cost). There is no minimum time frame between your first attempt and your retake.
How do you maintain your CDMP title?
The CDMP certification is valid for 3 years.
Prerequisites for the CDMP exam
The CDMP exam is for professionals with around 6 months to 2 years of industry experience.
With at least 5 participants, an in-house training could be your best choice. An in-company training, customized to the needs of your organization, has many advantages and:
- saves you and your colleagues time
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- saves travel and accommodation expenses
- can be arranged at a date and time convenient for you
- sensitive issues can be discussed openly since no outsiders are present
Do you prefer an in-company training? Please contact us for more information. We are more than happy to discuss the various possibilities with you.
Data management, data architecture and data governance (DAMA-DMBOK part I)
- Data management: relation with DAMA-DMBOK and the role of data governance
- Introduction of knowledge areas
- Data architecture: business, functional and technical and the relation with enterprise and application architecture
- Data architecture in relation with big data, data lakes, Data Warehouses (DWH), data virtualization and analytics/data science
- Positioning, coherence and added value of the business and IT
- Examples, use cases, demo
- Multiple workshops
Metadata, reference and master data, Data Warehousing (DWH) and Business Intelligence (BI) (DAMA-DMBOK part 2)
- The new role of data: 'data as an asset'
- Action plans for implementation based on context diagrams
- DMBOK as framework: backgrounds
- Introduction and in-depth discussion of knowledge areas Metadata, reference & master data, Data Warehousing (DWH) & Business Intelligence (BI)
- Multiple workshops
Data modelling and design, data quality, data integration, storage, security (DAMA-DMBOK part 3)
- Introduction and in-depth discussion of Data modelling and design, data quality, data integration, storage, security
- Multiple workshops
Documents and content management, big data and data science, data privacy and ethics, Data Management Maturity Model (DIY) (DAMA DMBOK part 4)
- Introduction and in-depth discussion of documents and content management, big data and data science, data privacy and ethics
- Multiple workshops
- Introduction and application of the DAMA Data Management Maturity Model
- CDMP exam preparation
Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) exam
Now you are fully prepared to pass the online DAMA CDMP exam. We are more than happy to help you with your registration, planning and administration. You will receive the DMBoK v2 book upfront, which will be used during the training and which needs to be studied before you enroll into the CDMP exam.
When you successfully pass the DAMA CDMP exam you may use the CDMP title. You always receive a personal certificate for attending the training.
Your trainers are data management experts and sought-after presenters:
Erik Fransen Msc CDMP
Erik Fransen is co-founder and partner of Connected Data Group and board member of DAMA NL
Antoine Stelma CDMP
Antoine Stelma is co-founder and partner of Connected Data Group
The Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) training consists of 4 days, in-class and live online (up to your choice). Each day lasts from 09.30 hrs - 17.00 hrs Central European Time (CET). The classroom training will be organized in the surroundings of Amsterdam on the following dates:
- 20, 21, 27 and 28 January 2022
- 13, 14, 20 and 21 June 2022
- 8, 9, 15 and 16 November 2022
Fee / Registration
The fee for the 4-day Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) training is € 3,980 (VAT excl.) per person. The fee includes the official CDMP exam of DAMA International (value € 300), the official DAMA-DMBOK2 guide, a 3-year DAMA Int. membership, all lunches, coffee/tea and documentation.