Modern Records Management (MRM)
4-day training to become an AIIM Modern Records Management Master (MRMm)
Modern Records Management (MRM) - mode of study
Option 1: Public 4-day Modern Records Management (MRM) training
Option 2: In-house Modern Records Management (MRM) training
Modern Records Management (MRM) – objectives
Many organizations rely on paper-based principles to manage digital records, but this doesn't work with the growing volume, velocity, and variety of information. The Modern Records Management (MRM) training gives you a thorough understanding of how to best automate the way digital information is managed in support of business goals and objectives. The Modern Records Management (MRM) training covers the entire lifecycle of records and provides the required skills to position records managers as business enablers.
The Modern Records Management (MRM) training consists of 4 days. The first 2 days (called the Specialist training) address concepts and processes associated with managing digital records. The last 2 days of the Modern Records Management (MRM) training (called the Implementation Specialist training) build on this by addressing unique digital recordkeeping challenges as well as how to implement a recordkeeping system. The Specialist and Implementation Specialist trainings combined lead to the Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) designation.
Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) designation
You will be awarded the AIIM Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) designation after passing the online exam. By earning this designation, you can call yourself a Modern Records Management Master (MRMm).
Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) – benefits
As a Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) you will acquire the necessary skills to:
- Position records management as a business enabler
- Capture records efficiently regardless of format
- Automate common records management tasks
- Support privacy and eDiscovery requirements
- Manage records effectively throughout the records lifecycle
- Select and implement a digital recordkeeping system
- Decommission legacy systems and information
- Ensure access to digital information over time
Modern Records Management (MRM) – for who?
This interactive Modern Records Management (MRM) training is applicable across all industries, and is independent of any particular technology or vendor solution.
The Modern Records Management (MRM) training is designed for IT managers, records managers, business unit managers, and other professionals who need to ensure that their organization's information and records are managed effectively.
Modern Records Management (MRM) – about the exam
The exam to become a Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) is an online multiple-choice exam of 60 minutes. You must pass the exam within 3 months after attending the Modern Records Management (MRM) training. You have 3 attempts to pass.
Modern Records Management (MRM) – validation
Your Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) certification is valid for 5 years.
Modern Records Management (MRM) – number of participants
The number of training participants will be limited.
Modern Records Management (MRM) – level of the training
The Modern Records Management (MRM) training will be held on a Bachelor level.
AIIM represents the information management community as the global association for both users and suppliers of Modern Records Management (MRM), Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Business Process Management (BPM) and Information Management (IM) solutions. AIIM has existed for over 60 years and is a not-for-profit organization. AIIM has over 195,000 members in more than 150 countries worldwide.
Modern Records Management (MRM) – didactics
All AIIM trainings follow the Oxford Learning Model with engaging, impactful and live workshops with participative and challenging exercises. The elements of this methodology are:
- 3 Domains: development should engage participants at three levels: emotionally (feeling the heart), logically (thinking the head) and practically (doing the hand)
- Transferability: delegates should always be able to see how the skills that they are developing can be used back at their workplace
- Memory: the design of the event and the activities within it should be memorable
- Measures: participants (and their organizations) should be able to measure the impact of the intervention
- 5 Senses: the activities within a development program should appeal to all 5 senses wherever possible, to stimulate a range of different responses
- Reflective dialogue: activities are not effective unless there is a period of reflection built into a program, so that participants can reflect on their actions and plan how they would do things in the future
- Transparency: AIIM encourages an environment of openness, trust and transparency, no tricks, no reporting back unless agreed
ECM and BPM certificate trainings
In cooperation with AIIM we also organize the 4-day Enterprise Content Management (ECM) training and the Business Process Management (BPM) training, all leading to the Specialist and Master designation.
Would you like your logo/banner to be displayed here and are you interested in becoming a partner? Join us now and your business will have exposure on our website, in our promotion brochures and through our newsletters. Contact us for more information!
Modern Records Management (MRM) – in-company
The in-house Modern Records Management (MRM) training:
- saves you time and money;
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment;
- can be arranged for groups of 5 people or more;
- will take place at a time chosen by and convenient to you; and
- sensitive issues can be openly discussed because there are no outsiders.
Are you interested? Please call us at +31 (0)40 - 246 02 20 or send an e-mail to email@example.com to discuss the possibilities.
MODERN RECORDS MANAGEMENT (MRM) – CONTENT
DAY I and II
Modern Records Management Specialist
The Modern Records Management Specialist training addresses concepts and processes associated with managing digital records and covers the following topics:
- The benefits of adopting a modern approach to records management
- How to capture born-digital records from a variety of sources
- How to digitize legacy paper records
- Metadata, its uses and sources, and how to efficiently collect and apply metadata to digital records
- How to automate common records management tasks such as disposing of redundant, outdated, or trivial information and detecting sensitive content
- Concepts of retention and disposition; how to export and transfer records and how to dispose of records
- Ensuring digital records are secure and protected over time
- The purpose and benefits of an information and systems inventory and the key information to gather as part of an inventory
- Approaches to improving the findability of digital records
- How to ensure effective privacy and data protection practices for digital records
- Approaches to ensure the authenticity of digital records for eDiscovery
- A framework for cleaning up legacy file shares
- How to decommission legacy systems and repositories and minimize risk to the organization
- Digital presentation risk factors and approaches
- Establishing a defensible disposition plan
DAY III and IV
Modern Records Management Implementation Specialist
The Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) consists of the MRM Specialist content (days I and II) plus the MRM Implementation Specialist content (days III and IV):
- How to manage email
- Social media and Modern Records Management
- Records management and the cloud
- How to manage structured data as records
- Privacy and data protection
- Decommissioning legacy systems and user information
- How to conduct a business and technical assessment
- Business and functional requirements for a digital recordkeeping solution
- How to design and implement a digital recordkeeping system in change management
N.B. If you are planning on the Modern Records Management Master (MRMm) designation, you must attend all four days of training class (the first two days cover the MRM Specialist content, and the last two days cover implementation and the case study).
Modern Records Management (MRM) – AIIM authorised trainers
The 4-day Modern Records Management (MRM) training is facilitated by AIIM authorised trainers.
The Modern Records Management training consists of 4 days and will take place in Amsterdam (the Netherlands) on the following dates:
- 16 - 19 November 2020
- 7 - 10 June 2021
- 15 - 18 November 2021