SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) - Leading and Implementing SAFe
4-day training to become a certified SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC). You will be trained by certified and accredited SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs) of Scaled Agile, the certifying body of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) - mode of study
Option 1: 4-day training (in-class and live online)
Option 2: In-company training (in-class and live online)
SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) – the highest certification in Agile and SAFe
SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) are change agents who combine their technical knowledge of SAFe with an intrinsic motivation to improve the company's software and systems development processes. SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs) play a critical role in successfully leading and implementing SAFe. As a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) you must be trained for your new role, and acquire the skills and tools needed to execute your responsibilities as well as to coach and teach others to implement and support the change. The best way to achieve this is to follow the leading and implementing SAFe training with SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) certification.
SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) – leading and implementing SAFe
This 4-day SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) training prepares you to become a change agent who leads the transformation. You will learn how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation by leveraging the practices and principles of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). You will also learn how to effectively coach programs, to launch Agile Release Trains (ARTs), to build a continuous delivery pipeline and DevOps culture and to empower a Lean portfolio.
The first 2 days of the training - Leading SAFe - will provide you with the basics to teach SAFe to others. The final 2 days focus extensively on what it takes to successfully implement SAFe in your organization.
What will you learn in this SPC training?
After the official SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) training (and certification) you will be able to:
- Lead an enterprise Lean-Agile transformation
- Implement the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Empower with a lean portfolio
- Align the organization to a common language and way of working
- Train managers and executives in Leading SAFe
- Act as a SAFe 5.1 Lean-Agile Leader (SL) certifying agent
The SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) training is intended for those who will be materially and directly involved in a SAFe adoption. This includes practitioners, change agents, and consultants responsible for implementing Agile programs and portfolios as part of an enterprise Lean-Agile change initiative. Attendees typically include professional services consultants, business and technology executives, leaders, managers and directors, portfolio managers and fiduciaries, and Project/Program Management Office (PMO) personnel.
About Scaled Agile and the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Scaled Agile is the provider of SAFe, the Scaled Agile Framework. SAFe is the world's leading framework for enterprise agility. Today, SAFe is in its 5.1 iteration and has been adopted by 70% of the Fortune 100. More than 160,000 practitioners in 100+ countries have been trained and certified through a role-based curriculum that features different SAFe certifications.
About the SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam
The SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam is designed to measure knowledge and skills related to the SPC job role. The official SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam is a web-based (single browser), closed book and timed exam. You have 2 hours to complete the exam that consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. The passing score is 75% (45 out of 60 questions). The SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam is included in the training fee if the exam is taken within 30 days after completion of the SPC training.
SPC exam retake policy
Should you fail the first time, the second attempt of the SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. The third attempt requires a 10-day wait period. The fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait period. Each retake attempt costs $ 250.
Prerequisites for the SPC training and exam
All stakeholders in a Lean-Agile transformation are welcome to attend the SPC training, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) certification exam and practice as a SAFe Program Consultant (SPC):
- 5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis or product or project management
- 3+ years of experience in Agile
- one or more relevant Agile certifications
Advantages of the SPC certification
Passing the SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam will provide you with:
- A one year membership as a certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC)
- Access to licensed course materials needed to train aspiring SAFe Agilists, SAFe Practitioners, and SAFe PM/POs
- Access to free licensed materials, videos, and artifacts that support launching Agile Release Trains (ARTs)
- Inclusion in the SPC 5 directory list (optional)
- SPC 5 branding with the SPC certification mark
- Access to the private SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) LinkedIn group
SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) training materials can be downloaded from the SAFe Community Platform. These materials can be used to refer to the content that was presented during the SPC training. You will receive a:
- Study guide: this comprehensive guide details the job role and all resources related to the SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam, including a detailed reading list. Access is available through the learning plan in the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SPC training.
- Practice test: a practice test will be available for the SPC exam
SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) – Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
As an attendee of this SPC training you may be eligible to apply for:
- 30 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for the PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certification
- SEUs under category C, toward earning and renewing your Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) designation through Scrum Alliance.
The following trainings could be of interest for you and/or your colleagues:
With at least 5 participants an in-house training could be your best option. An in-company training, customized to the needs of your organization, has many advantages and:
- saves you and your colleagues time
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- saves travel and accommodation expenses
- can be arranged at a time, date and place convenient for you
- sensitive issues can be discussed openly since no outsiders are present
Do you prefer an in-company training? Please contact us for more information. We are more than happy to discuss the various possibilities with you!
DAY I & II – Leading SAFe
- Introducing the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Embracing a Lean-Agile mindset
- Understanding SAFe principles
- Experiencing Program Increment (PI) planning
- Exploring, executing and releasing value
- Leading a Lean-Agile enterprise
- Empowering a lean portfolio
- Building large solutions
DAY III & IV – Implementing SAFe
- Reaching the SAFe tipping point
- Designing the implementation
- Launching an Agile Release Train (ART)
- Coaching Agile Release Train (ART) execution
- Extending to the portfolio
- Sustaining and improving
- Becoming a SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC)
When you successfully pass the official exam, you may use the title SPC (SAFe Program Consultant).
The SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) training is delivered by certified and accredited SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs) of Scaled Agile, the certifying body of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). At this very moment there are only 50 SAFe Program Consultant Trainers (SPCTs) in the world. Your trainers belong to this highly exclusive group. The trainers have extensive SAFe experience with training and implementing SAFe at large organizations all over the world.
The SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) training consists of 4 days and takes place live online (from 09.00 hrs - 17.00 hrs CET) or in-class in Amsterdam, Brussels or Antwerp (from 08.30 hrs - 17.30 hrs CET). The SPC trainings will take place on the following dates:
SAFe Program Consultant (SPC) - trainings 2022
- 15 - 18 February 2022 (live online)
- 14 - 17 March 2022 (Brussels)
- 11 - 14 April 2022 (live online)
- 16 - 19 May 2022 (Amsterdam)
- 14 - 17 June 2022 (live online)
- 20 - 23 June 2022 (Antwerp)
- 18 - 21 July 2022 (Amsterdam)
Fee / Registration
The fee for the SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) training and certification is € 2,995 (VAT excl.) per person. The fee includes all documentation, all lunches, coffee/tea, and the SAFe 5.1 Program Consultant (SPC) exam, if the exam is taken within 30 days after the SPC training.