Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
This 5-day training will prepare you for the international Cloud Security certificate of (ISC)2: Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP). The global CCSP credential will help you achieve the highest standard for Cloud Security expertise.
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – mode of study
Option 1: 5-day training (in-class and live online)
Option 2: in-company training (in-class and live online)
Get global Cloud Security recognition with the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) title!
Many companies have concerns about adopting cloud architecture due to the inherent security risks. This Cloud Security training and certification - developed by the leading information security organization (ISC)2 in cooperation with the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) - will prove your Cloud Security expertise at a global level. You will get the Cloud Security skills you need to manage cloud environments and purchase cloud services.
The 5-day CCSP training provides a comprehensive review of Cloud Security concepts and industry best practices, covering the 6 domains of the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
- Architectural Concepts and Design Requirements
- Cloud Data Security
- Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security
- Cloud Application Security
- Legal and Compliance
The training will help you review and refresh your Cloud Security knowledge and help you identify areas you need to study for the CCSP exam.
Who should attend?
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) credential will be appropriate for midlevel to advanced professionals involved with IT architecture, web and Cloud Security engineering, information security, governance, risk and compliance (GRC) and IT auditing.
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) – exam information
The (ISC)2 exam to become a Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) consists of 125 multiple choice questions. The exam takes 4 hours. The passing grade is 700 out of 1,000 points. The delivery is computer based and proctored by Pearson Vue at over 4,000 global testing centers.
Learning objectives of the CCSP training
After completing the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) training, you will be able to:
- Describe the building blocks necessary to develop cloud based systems, including concepts with regard to customer, provider, partner, measured services, scalability, virtualization, storage, and networking. You will also be able to understand the Cloud reference architecture based on activities defined by including standard documents.
- Identify the types of controls necessary to administer various levels of confidentiality, integrity and availability, with regard to securing data in the cloud. You will gain knowledge on topics of data discovery and classification techniques, digital risk management, privacy of data, data retention, detection, archiving, data event logging, chain of custody and non-repudiation, and the strategic use of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- Identify the virtual and physical components of the cloud infrastructure with regard to risk management analysis, including tools and techniques necessary for maintaining a secure cloud infrastructure. In addition to risk analysis, you will gain an understanding in how to prepare and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plans, including techniques and concepts for identifying critical systems and lost data recovery.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the software development lifecycle. You will gain an understanding in cloud software assurance and validation, utilizing secure software, and the controls necessary for developing secure cloud environments with regard to program interfaces, cloud application architecture, and how to ensure data and application integrity, confidentiality, and availability through identity and access management solutions.
- Demonstrate an ability to develop, plan, implement, run and manage the physical and logical cloud infrastructure through an understanding of the necessary controls and resources, best practices in monitoring and auditing, and the importance of risk assessment in both the physical and logical cloud infrastructures.
- Identify privacy issues and audit processes utilized within a cloud environment, including auditing controls, assurance issues, and the specific reporting attributes. Topics covered include ethical behaviour and required compliance within regulatory frameworks, which includes investigative techniques for crime analysis and evidence gathering methods.
Limited number of participants
Due to the interactive character of the CCSP training and to optimise the benefits for you from various exercises, the number of participants is limited.
Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification – prerequisites
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) training is designed for experienced information security professionals with at least 5 years of full-time IT experience, including 3 years of information security and at least one year of Cloud Security experience.
Please note: you can substitute the CISSP certification of (ISC)2 for the entire CCSP experience prerequisites.
The 5-day CCSP training consists of theory, practical examples and instructional hands-on sessions. The lab sessions are designed to allow you to utilize the knowledge gained throughout the training in an instructor-led environment. You will receive inspiring courseware.
About the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) training is developed by the leading information security organisation (ISC)2 in cooperation with the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA). The CSA is a non-profit organisation with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assistance within cloud computing, and to provide education on the use of cloud computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associates and other stakeholders. The CSA certification board is a diverse group of Cloud Security experts from around the world.
About (ISC)2 – The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium
(ISC)2 is the global, non-profit leader in educating and certifying cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals throughout their careers. (ISC)2 provides vendor-neutral education products, career services and gold standard credentials to professionals over 160 countries. Join this elite network with over 125,000 certified industry professionals worldwide by obtaining the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) title!
Former delegates of the CCSP training were also interested in the following trainings:
- CISSP certification training
- C/CISO (Certified Chief Information Security Officer)
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Cloud Security (CCSK)
- Identity Management & Access Control
- ISO 31000 Risk Management
- Risk Management - Certified ISO 27005 Risk Manager
With at least 5 persons, an in-company training on the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) credential could be your best choice. An in-house training has several advantages:
- It saves time and money
- Enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- Could be arranged for groups of 5 people or more
- Will take place at a time, place and date chosen by and convenient to you
- Sensitive issues can be openly discussed because there are no outsiders
Are you interested? Please contact us to discuss the possibilities. We are more than happy to help you!
Architectural Concepts and Design Requirements
- Understand cloud computing concepts
- Describe cloud reference architecture
- Understand security concepts relevant to cloud computing
- Understand design principles of secure cloud computing
- Indentify trusted cloud services
Cloud Data Security
- Understand cloud data lifecycle
- Design and implement cloud data storage architectures
- Understand and implement data discovery and classification technologies
- Design and implement relevant jurisdictional data protection for Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
- Design and implement data risk management
- Plan and implement data retention, detection and archival policies
- Design and implement auditability, traceability, and accountability of data events
Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security
- Comprehend cloud infrastructure
- Analyze risks associated to cloud infrastructure
- Design and plan security controls
- Plan Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity Management (BCM)
Cloud Application Security
- Recognize the need for training and awareness in application security
- Understand cloud software assurance and validation
- Use verified secure software
- Comprehend the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process
- Apply the secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Comprehend the specifics of cloud application architecture
- Design appropriate Identity & Access Management (IAM) solutions
- Support the planning process for the data center design
- Implement and build physical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Run physical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Manage physical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Build logical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Run logical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Manage logical infrastructure for cloud environment
- Ensure compliance with regulations and controls
- Conduct risk assessment to logical and physical infrastructure
- Understand the collection and preservation of digital evidence
- Manage communications with relevant parties domain
Legal and Compliance
- Understand legal requirements and unique risks within the cloud environment
- Understand privacy issues, including jurisdictional variencies
- Understanding audit process, methodologies, and required adaptions for a cloud environment
- Understand implications of cloud to Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Understand outsourcing and cloud contract design
- Execute vendor management
When you successfully pass the official (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) exam, you will earn the official title CCSP.
The trainer of the 5-day Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) training is a certified CCSP instructor.
The Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) training consists of 5 days and will be organized close to Amsterdam (the Netherlands). You can join the training in-class and live online on the following dates:
- 6 - 10 November 2023
Fee / Registration
The fee for the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) training is € 3,980 (VAT excl.) per person. The fee includes all lunches, coffee/tea, course materials and hands-on sessions. The costs of the CCSP exam are not included in the fee.