ISO 31000 Risk Management
3-day risk management training (plus ISO 31000 exam) preparing you for the Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional certificate of the Global Institute for Risk Management Standard (G31000)
ISO 31000 Risk Management – mode of study
Option 1: Public 3-day training (G31000)
Option 2: In-house training
Option 3: PECB ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager (distance/online learning course)
Become a Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional now!
This 3-day Risk Management training enables you to become a Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional. Both the training and the exam are based on the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard which can be used by private and public organizations of any size, industry or sector. In this intensive 3-day training you develop the competence in the foundations of the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard.
By means of in-depth training, practical exercises and sample multiple-choice questions, you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to succesfully pass the official G31000 exam. You will become familiar with the vocabulary, principles, framework and risk management process, proposed in the ISO 31000 Standard.
During the training, the general ISO 31000 Risk Management Principles and Guidelines will be presented and its 2 companions, the ISO Guide 73 Risk Management Vocabulary and the ISO 31010 Risk Management Risk Assessment Techniques.
ISO 31000 learning objectives
In this ISO 31000 Risk Management certification program you will learn to:
- Understand the vocabulary, principles, framework and risk management process in accordance with ISO 31000
- Understand the benefits of ISO 31000 as an internationally recognized standard, adopted by over 40 countries
- Acquire the competence to communicate effectively about ISO 31000 with people having different backgrounds and experience in the field of risk management
ISO 31000 exam and certification
The exam to become a Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional covers the following five competence domains:
- Fundamental concepts
- Terms and definitions
- Principles of risk management
- The risk management framework
- The risk management process
The ISO 31000 exam consist of 80 multiple-choice questions and takes 2 hours. You need to answer 75% of the questions correctly to pass the exam. The official Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam and comply with all other requirements related to this credential. You are entitled to attempt the ISO 31000 exam up to two times (within 6 months).
G31000 – the global platform for ISO 31000
The certified ISO 31000 exam (foundation level) will be verified by G31000 (Global Institute for Risk Management Standard). G31000 is an international non-profit association and the global platform for ISO 31000. It meets the requirements of the ISO 17024 standard, designed to harmonize the certification process of individuals worldwide.
Who should become a Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional?
ISO 31000 offers a successful approach for effective risk management that is suitable for any type of organisation and all sorts of risks. This certifying training is a must for anyone engaged in (managing) risk management, such as ISO auditors, operational auditors, security/facility managers, compliance managers, (IT) risk managers, (IT) auditors, managers internal audit, business continuity managers, security managers, general/operational/line managers, quality managers, business controllers and many other professionals.
ISO 31000 training and certification – prerequisites
There are no specific prerequisites for understanding the Risk Management program and to successfully pass the ISO 31000 exam.
Limited number of participants
Due to the interactive character of this training and to optimize the benefits the participants derive from the various exercises, the number of participants is limited.
The ISO 31000 training is based on theory and practical examples. Lectures include examples from real scenarios. The training contains many review exercises to help you prepare for the official Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional exam.
ISO 31000 Risk Management training – feedback from participants
Former delegates rate this ISO 31000 Risk Management training with an 8,5 (on a scale from 1 to 10).
"I did not miss any subjects in this training. The training was very complete."
"One of the best trainings I ever had."
"Structured and informative."
Tim Hughes, Assistent Risk Manager Vinci Works
"Great teacher and perfect sized group."
Dean Hughes, Head of Risk and Advisory, Vinci Works
The following courses are also relevant for you and/or your colleagues:
Do you prefer an in-house ISO 31000 Risk Management training?
With at least 5 persons an in-house training on ISO 31000 Risk Management could be your best choice. An in-company training has several advantages. The in-house ISO 31000 Risk Management training:
- Saves you time and money
- Enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- Can be arranged for groups of 5 people or more
- Will take place at a date, time and location chosen by and convenient for you
- Sensitive issues can be openly discussed because there are no outsiders
Are you interested? Please call us at +31 (0)40 - 246 02 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the possibilities. We are more than happy to help you.
ISO 31000 Risk Management – Program
Risk management concepts as defined by ISO 31000 – Introduction
- The risk management vocabulary as defined by ISO 31000
- The benefits of risk management to all organizations
- The ISO 31000 Risk Management principles and how they influence the risk management framework and process
- A test and review on the elements learnt during day I
The Risk Management framework and process according to ISO 31000
- The risk management framework
- The risk management process
- Risk identification, risk analysis, risk evaluation and risk treatment
- Risk assessment tools recommended in ISO 31010
- Risk communication
- Risk monitoring and review
- A test and review on the elements studied during day II
Workshop and examination on ISO 31000 Risk Management
- Practical workshop on implementing ISO 31000 in your organization
- Testing your knowledge with sample exam questions
- The official ISO 31000 Foundation exam
All participants will receive a Personal Certificate. When you successfully pass the exam, you will receive the official Certified ISO 31000 Risk management Professional certificate of the Global Institute for Risk Management Standard (G31000).
The trainer of the ISO 31000 Risk Management training is an international certified G31000 Risk Management instructor. G31000, the Global Institute for Risk Management Standard is an international NGO, promoting awareness on ISO 31000 worldwide.
The 3-day ISO 31000 Risk Management training will take place in Utrecht (The Netherlands) on the following dates:
ISO 31000 – training I
- 18 - 20 November 2020