Cyber Security for Industrial Automation (ICS/SCADA) and OT
This 4-day training is fully focused on the (cyber)security approach for Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and OT and is intended for IT, engineering and (cyber)security professionals in all branches and sizes of industry and critical infrastructure
Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation (ICS/SCADA) and OT – training options
Option 1: 4-day training (classroom and live online)
Option 2: In-company training, tailored to your organisation
The industrial sector suffered the most of cyber attacks last year!
Industrial and civil infrastructure are an increasingly important target for cyber attacks. The risk of a cyber attack is not only increasing, the attacks are also more advanced and complex. For the first time in 5 years, the number of cyber attacks in industry exceeds the number of cyber incidents in the financial sector. The security of industrial and process environments therefore requires the highest priority!
What will you learn in this highly topical ICS (cyber)security training?
Security for industrial automation and critical infrastructure is a hot topic. This 4-day industrial (cyber)security training is fully focused on the security approach for your ICS, SCADA and DCS systems. After completing this training, you will have acquired more than excellent knowledge for managing industrial (cyber)security within your own organisation. You can set up and implement policies in accordance with national and international laws and regulations. You will learn how to arm your production network or process installation against cyber attacks, based on the IEC 62443 cybersecurity guideline for industrial automation and control systems and numerous other guidelines and standards. Complying with and implementing the new European NIS2 Directive on cybersecurity will also be an important subject in this training.
During the training, the setting-up and implementation of a well-functioning (cyber)security environment of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) will be discussed. As ICS systems are increasingly integrated with IT networks, practical security recommendations are made to improve the security of both the organisation and the IT infrastructure. The successful integration of risk management and Industrial Control Systems (ICS) and the ICS security architecture are also important parts of this highly topical training.
There are no specific requirements for delegates wishing to attend the Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation and OT training. However, a basic knowledge of computer networking, industrial communication networks and (cyber)security concepts would be recommendable.
Educational level of the training
The 4-day training on Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation (ICS/SCADA) and OT will be held at a higher educational level.
Also interesting for you!
In addition to this ICS (cyber)security training, the following training courses may also be interesting for you and/or your colleagues:
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals training and certification
- ISO 31000 Risk Management
- Certified ISO 27005 Risk Manager
- C/CISO (Certified Chief Information Security Officer)
- CISSP certification
- Identity Management & Access Control (IAM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- Cloud Security (CCSK) online training
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
With at least 5 participants, an in-house training on Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation and OT could be your best choice. An in-company training, whether or not customised to the needs of your organisation, has many advantages and:
- saves you and your colleagues (travel) time and travel and accommodation expenses
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- can be arranged at times and dates convenient for you,
- sensitive issues can be discussed openly since no outsiders are present
- with at least 5 participants or more, an in-company training is often more useful and cost effective
Do you prefer an in-company training on Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation and OT? Please contact us for more information. We are more than happy to discuss the various possibilities with you!
Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation (ICS/SCADA) and OT – Curriculum
Security for industrial automation and critical infrastructure
- Trends in ICT and Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Relevant standards and frameworks (NIS2, IEC 62443, NIST SP 800-82)
Overview of Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Industrial Control Systems (ICS): overview
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Examples and topologies
ICS – risk management and assessment
- Threats and vulnerabilities
- Potential impact
- The risk management process
- Embedding risk management in your organisation
- Special points of attention regarding Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- How to develop a business case
- Required expertise and skills
- Defining a scope
- Policy, standards and procedures
- Implementing a framework for risk management
- Inventory of ICS components
- Setting up a project plan
- Defining measures
ICS security architecture
- Logical network segmentation
- TCIP/IP protocol suite
- Defense-in-Depth architecture
- Process integration
- Specific SCADA and ICS protocols
- Remote Support Access (RSA)
- Single points of failure
- Redundancy and fault tolerance
- Access control
- Monitoring and logging
- Incident response
ICS security implementation and operation
- Integration of risk management and Industrial Control Systems (ICS)
- Configuration management
- Business Continuity Management (BCM)
- Protection of storage media
- Physical security
- Personnel safety
- Integrity of systems and information
- Program management
- Privacy controls
After completing the Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation (ICS/SCADA) and OT training you will receive a personal certificate.
Your excellent trainer is:
Ronald van der Poel
Ronald van der Poel is a top consultant in the field of industrial automation and is specialised in cybersecurity for OT/ICS. He worked for over 30 years with and for large companies like TataSteel, MSD and Siemens, but also supported smaller companies to enhance their digital security of control systems (IACS) and industrial automation systems.
The 4-day training on Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation and OT will be organised near Amsterdam. Class times are from 09.30 hrs. In the morning until 17.00 hrs. in the afternoon. You can participate on the following dates:
- 2 + 9 + 16 + 23 April 2024
Fee / Registration
The fee for the Cybersecurity for Industrial Automation (ICS/SCADA) and OT training is € 4.380 (VAT excl.) per person. The fee includes all lunches, coffee/tea and course materials.