ISO 31000 Risk Management
3-day risk management training (plus ISO 31000 exam) preparing you for the ISO 31000 Foundations Level CRMF exam.
ISO 31000 Risk Management – mode of study
Option 1: Public 3-day training
Option 2: In-house training
Risk management: indispensable for any organization!
Risk management is a priority for all organizations, profit as well as non-profit. The better you manage risks, the higher your performance. With effective risk management, you are better equipped to deal with change and take informed decisions, gain the confidence of stakeholders and grow. Since its launch in 2009 (and revision in 2018), the objective of the ISO 31000 standard has been to help organizations achieve these goals.
The ISO 31000 standard has a major impact on organizations around the globe. The standard does not only provide best practices, structure and guidance for risk management professionals, it is also important for a wide range of other business roles. After all, risk management is a key component of all management system standards that apply the High-Level Structure (HLS). As such, this standard benefits every manager. Do you want to learn how this standard can help you take risk management to the next level? Then this is the training for you!
Become a Certified ISO 31000 Risk Management Professional now!
This 3-day Risk Management training enables you to become a certified ISO 31000 risk management professional. Both the training and the exam are based on the ISO 31000 Risk Management standard which can be used by private and public organizations of any size, industry or sector. In this intensive 3-day training you develop the competence in the foundations of the ISO 31000 Risk Management Standard.
By means of in-depth training, practical exercises and sample multiple-choice questions, you will acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully pass the official ISO31000 exam. You will become familiar with the vocabulary, principles, framework and risk management process, proposed in the ISO 31000 Standard. During the training, the general ISO 31000 Risk Management Principles and Guidelines will be presented as well as the ISO Guide 73 Risk Management Vocabulary.
ISO 31000 learning objectives
In this ISO 31000 Risk Management certification program you will learn to:
- Understand the vocabulary, principles, framework and risk management process in accordance with ISO 31000
- Understand the benefits of ISO 31000 as an internationally recognized standard, adopted by over 40 countries
- Interpret these ISO 31000 guidelines and integrate them into your already existing management systems
- Work in a structured way with the implementation and optimization of dealing with opportunities and threats within your organization
- Acquire the competence to communicate effectively about ISO 31000 with people having different backgrounds and experience in the field of risk management
ISO 31000 exam and certification
The exam to become a certified ISO 31000 risk management professional covers the following four competence domains:
- Risk management: concepts, terms and definitions
- Principles of risk management
- The risk management framework
- The risk management process
The ISO 31000 exam consist of 80 multiple-choice questions and takes 2 hours. You need to answer 75% of the questions correctly to pass the exam. The official ISO 31000 Foundations Level - CRMF certificate will be issued to participants who successfully pass the exam. You are entitled to attempt the ISO 31000 exam up to two times (within 6 months).
Who should become a certified ISO 31000 risk management professional?
ISO 31000 offers a successful approach for effective risk management that is suitable for any type of organisation and all sorts of risks. This certifying training is a must for anyone engaged in (managing) risk management, such as ISO auditors, operational auditors, security/facility managers, compliance managers, (IT) risk managers, (IT) auditors, managers internal audit, business continuity managers, security managers, general/operational/line managers, quality managers, business controllers and many other professionals.
ISO 31000 training and certification – prerequisites
There are no specific prerequisites for attending this risk management training program and to successfully pass the ISO 31000 exam.
Limited number of participants
Due to the interactive character of this training and to optimize the benefits the participants derive from the various exercises, the number of participants is limited.
The ISO 31000 training is based on theory and practical examples. Lectures include examples from real life scenarios. The training contains many review exercises to help you prepare for the official ISO 31000 Foundations Level - CRMF exam.
ISO 31000 Risk Management training – feedback from participants
Former delegates rate this ISO 31000 Risk Management training with an 8,5 (on a scale from 1 to 10).
"I did not miss any subjects in this training. The training was very complete."
"One of the best trainings I ever had."
"Structured and informative."
Tim Hughes, Assistant Risk Manager Vinci Works
"Great teacher and perfect sized group."
Dean Hughes, Head of Risk and Advisory, Vinci Works
The following courses are also relevant for you and/or your colleagues:
- Certified ISO 27005 Risk Manager
- C/CISO (Certified Chief Information Security Officer)
- Conducting Internal Investigations
- Identity Management & Access Control
- Business Process Management (BPM) training
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Commercial & Contract Management Certification
Do you prefer an in-house ISO 31000 Risk Management training?
With at least 5 persons an in-house training on ISO 31000 Risk Management could be your best choice. An in-company training has several advantages. The in-house ISO 31000 Risk Management training:
- Saves you time and money
- Enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- Can be arranged for groups of 5 people or more
- Will take place at a date, time and location chosen by and convenient for you
- Sensitive issues can be openly discussed because there are no outsiders
Are you interested? Please contact us to discuss the possibilities. We are more than happy to help you.
The risk management concepts as defined by ISO 31000
- Introduction to risk management
- The benefits of risk management to every organization
- The ISO 31000 risk management principles and how they influence the risk management framework and process
- The ISO 31000 risk management framework
- Exercises, case studies and exam questions on the elements learned during day 1
The ISO 31000 risk management process
- Overview of the risk management process
- Risk identification, risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk treatment
- Communication and consultation
- Monitoring and review
- Exercises, case studies and exam questions on the elements learned during day 2
Preparation and examination
- Review of the highlights of the ISO 31000 standard
- Hints and tips for the examination
- Additional exercises, case studies and exam questions
- Examination (ISO 31000 Foundations Level - CRMF Certificate)
All participants will receive a Personal Certificate. When you successfully pass the exam, you will receive the official ISO 31000 Foundations Level CRMF® Certificate of the Global Network for Independent Certification.
The trainer of the ISO 31000 Risk Management training is an internationally certified ISO 31000 risk management instructor.
The 3-day ISO 31000 Risk Management training will take place in the surroundings of Amsterdam (The Netherlands) on the following dates:
- 15 - 17 November 2023
- 13 - 15 March 2024
- 12 - 14 June 2024
- 11 - 13 September 2024
- 13 - 15 November 2024
Fee / Registration
The fee for the ISO 31000 Risk Management training is € 2.600 (VAT excl.). The fee includes all lunches, coffee/tea, course materials and the ISO 31000 certification exam (value € 250). You are entitled to attempt the ISO 31000 exam up to 2 times.