Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
Pass the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) exam in less than a week by attending this official ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) accredited 5-day CFE training
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – mode of study
Option 1: 5-day classroom training or remote (live online)
Option 2: In-house training
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is recognized by numerous leading organizations all over the world
Certified Fraud Examiners (CFEs) have a unique set of skills that is not found in any other career field or discipline. They combine knowledge of complex financial transactions with an understanding of methods, law, and how to resolve allegations of fraud. Fraud examiners are also trained to understand not only how fraud occurs, but also why. The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential is recognized in the hiring and promotion policies of numerous leading organizations all over the world. Did you know that CFEs earn 23% more than their non-certified colleagues?
Benefits of attending
The benefits of attending this 5-day CFE training are:
- You can take the official online CFE exam sections at the end of each training day and you receive 1 free resit of an exam section at your choice (if necessary)
- You receive additional and exclusive material provided by the trainers
- We take care of all administrative procedures towards the ACFE
- The success rate of passing the CFE exam in our CFE training is 95%!
ACFE – the world's largest anti-fraud organization
ACFE (Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) is the world's largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud trainings and education. Together with more than 85.000 members in 160 countries and chapters in 125 countries, ACFE is reducing business fraud worldwide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
CFE target group
Are you interested in taking your career to the next level by earning the standard of professional excellence in the anti-fraud profession? Are you an (internal) auditor, CPA, investigator, national state and law enforcement officer, prosecutor, security professional, risk and loss management professional, lawyer, accountant, controller, compliance and fraud officer or any other professional dealing with fraud? Then this is your chance to follow a qualified training and become certified as a Fraud Examiner (CFE) within 5 days.
Strengthen your anti-fraud skills and become a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) now!
Master the skills and knowledge you need to pass the CFE exam by attending this official Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training and become a CFE now! This 5-day, instructor-led training will help you master the concepts tested at the CFE exam:
- Investigation fraud
- Legal aspects related to fraud
- Financial transactions and fraud schemes
- Fraud prevention and deterrence
About the CFE exam
To earn the Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) credential, you are required to pass the CFE exam. The CFE exam tests your knowledge of the 4 major areas that comprise the fraud examination Body of Knowledge.
- The CFE exam is a computer-based, multiple-choice, closed book and closed-notes exam consisting of 4 exam sections
- The exam contains 400 questions in total
- Each exam section has 100 multiple choice and true/false questions
- Each exam section will take 2 hours of your time
- You must score at least 75% correct on each exam section in order to pass
- The exam has a number of controls to ensure integrity
- The exam can be taken during the training or at a time and place convenient to you
Are you eligible to be certified?
Your eligibility to become CFE certified is based upon a point system, which awards credits for education and experience. The admission requirements are:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience, such as accountancy, auditing, criminology, investigation, loss prevention, law enforcement or legal experience related to fraud.
If you do not yet qualify to earn the CFE title, you can already take the training and exam and become officially certified once you have gained sufficiënt relevant professional experience.
How to maintain your CFE credential?
To maintain your CFE credential, you are required to earn at least 20 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours every 12-month period. At least 10 hours must directly relate to the detection and deterrence of fraud and 2 hours to ethics. If you have earned more than 20 CPE hours in your previous reporting period, you may rollover up to 10 hours to meet your current CPE requirements. In addition to completing the annual CPE requirements, you must pay an annual membership fee in order to remain a member of the ACFE and retain the CFE credential. If your membership expires, you are not allowed to use the CFE credential anymore.
Knowledge and tools necessary to pass the CFE exam
When attending this 5-day official Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training you will receive the following:
- 1-year Associate ACFE membership. As an associate member of ACFE you gain access to timely and practical information including Fraud Magazine, monthly member newsletters, free quarterly webinars, videos, tools and resources to support your anti-fraud efforts
- CFE exam preparation course software (international edition) with study questions and practice exams. Review of important concepts, covered at the CFE exam, with more than 1,400 study questions and simulation of the CFE exam environment with timed practice exams
- Fraud Examiners Manual (international edition). The Fraud Examiners Manual is an over 2,000 page guide exploring examination techniques and procedures. The Fraud Examiners Manual gives you a detailed explanation of the answer to each study question
- Exclusive training material prepared by the trainers, tailored to the exam
- The CFE exam consisting of 4 exam sections plus 1 free resit of an exam section at your choice
Level of the training
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training is held on a bachelor level.
Limited number of participants
The number of participants is limited to give you all the attention you need.
Former delegates rate this Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training with a 9 (on a scale from 1 to 10). Some remarks of former participants:
"The training sessions were in line with my expectations. Efficient and effective use of my time. Course organisation and location were great!"
Lead analyst internal control
"Perfectly tailored training which gave me the knowledge and confidence needed to actually take the exam. Thanks! A huge "Thank you" to Robert, the trainer, for making the training so approachable and understandable. A lot of insight as well. Much appreciated indeed!"
Ntube Sone Ngole, Senior Legal Counsel Regulatory Affairs, Kinross Gold Corporation
"The trainers were organized, provided sufficient explanations and followed the agenda."
Lead analyst internal control
"It's amazing how 5 days can cover such a big topic and a manual of 2,000 pages. A great job of structuring and pointing at the most important issues!"
"The trainers add each other in an excellent mode: high professionalism together with different soft skills and a different manner make these 5 days bright, valuable and unforgettable."
"It was very comprehensive. The trainers were very detailed and helpful. Very knowledgable and demonstrated relevant experience."
"I liked all the examples which were added to the course by the trainers.''
''Skilled, accesible and pleasant trainers!!"
"The instructors were really interesting in giving experience and guide very well in the achievement of the exam. Material is straight to the point. Trainers were putting a lot of effort to give us the possibility to pass the exam and to make the course interactive and interesting."
Cedric Antonelli, Partner, BDO Belgium
Would you like your logo/banner to be displayed here and are you interested in becoming a partner? Join us now and you and your business will have exposure on our website, in our brochures and in our newsletters. Contact us for more information!
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – in-company
With at least 5 participants an in-house training could be your best option. An in-company training, customized to the needs of your organization, has many advantages and:
- saves you and your colleagues time
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- saves travel and accommodation expenses
- can be arranged at a time convenient for you
- sensitive issues can be discussed openly since no outsiders are present
Do you prefer an in-company CFE training? Please call us at +31 (0) 40 246 02 20 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We are more than happy to discuss the various possibilities with you.
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Content
This 5-day Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training will help you master the following 4 concepts, related to the CFE exam:
Includes questions about interviewing, taking statements, obtaining information from public records, tracing illicit transactions, evaluating deception and report writing.
Ensures your familiarity with the many legal ramifications of conducting fraud examinations, including criminal and civil law, rules of evidence, rights of the accused and accuser, and expert witness matters.
Day 3 and 4
III. Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes
This part of the exam tests your comprehension of the types of fraudulent financial transactions incurred in accounting records. To pass the section Financial Transactions & Fraud Schemes, you will be required to demonstrate knowledge of the following concepts:
- basic accounting and auditing theory
- fraud schemes
- identity theft
- internal controls to deter fraud
- other auditing and accounting matters
Day 4 and 5
IV. Fraud Prevention & Deterrence
Tests your understanding of why people commit fraud and ways to prevent it. Topics covered in this section include:
- crime causation
- white-collar crime
- occupational fraud
- fraud prevention
- identity theft
- fraud risk assessment
- ACFE code of professional ethics
ACFE authorised trainers
This 5-day Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training is facilitated by ACFE authorised trainers. Your well-experienced trainers are:
Robert Lamers CFE
Robert Lamers is an anti-fraud and crisis management specialist and the managing director of Rolam Consultancy. He served as a senior corporate anti-fraud officer with NN Group and ING Insurance for many years. Robert is Head of European Partnership Development at the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE).
Sonny Luypaert MBA CFE
Sonny Luypaert is director with Triple-S Consulting, providing management consultancy in finance, governance and risk & compliance, with a specialization in fraud detection and prevention. Sonny is chairman of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) Belgium. Previously, she was director of finance & operations with the Boston Consulting Group Belgium and CFO with Accenture Benelux.
The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training consists of 5 days (from 9.00 hrs - 17.00 hrs). The training will take place on the following dates and locations, in-class as well as remote (live online):
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Amsterdam
- 11 - 15 October 2021
Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) – Brussels
- 22 - 26 November 2021
Fee / RegistrationThe fee for the 5-day Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) training is € 4.280 (VAT excl.). The fee includes:
- 5 days of training
- First-year associate membership with the ACFE (value $ 195)
- Exam fees plus official ACFE training materials (value over $ 1.200)
- Additional and exclusive training material
- All lunches and coffee/tea