Cyber Security Fundamentals training and certification
In this 4-day Cyber Security training you learn the fundamentals of Cyber Security and you will be prepared for the international ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) Certificate
Cyber Security Fundamentals – mode of study
Option 1: 4-day Cyber Security in-class training plus ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) exam training
Option 2: in-company training
Cybersecurity (CSX) certification path
To help address the global cyber security skills crisis head on, ISACA has created Cybersecurity Nexus™ (CSX), a certification path for the cyber security professional. The Cybersecurity (CSX) certification path starts with the knowledge-based Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) Certificate for those who are new to the profession or are considering to change careers, and centres the performance-based certification as the CSX Practitioner, CSX Specialist and CSX Expert level.
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) – your first Certificate in cyber security
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) offers a knowledge-based Certificate in the concepts that frame and define the standards, guidelines and practices of the industry. This 4-day training provides in-depth instruction on the principles of cyber security and the integral role of cyber security professionals protecting enterprise data and infrastructure.
Cyber Security Fundamentals training and certification – why?
Why become a cyber security professional? Why take the Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) exam? Because the protection of information is critical to all enterprises. Cyber security is a growing and rapidly changing field, and it is crucial that the central concepts that frame and define this increasingly pervasive field are understood by professionals who are involved and concerned with the security implications of IT.
The Cyber Security Fundamentals training is designed for this purpose, as well as to provide insight into the importance of cyber security and the integral role of cyber security professionals. The 4-day training on Cyber Security Fundamentals will provide you with a full overview of the key concepts of cyber security, the standards, guidelines and practices, along with the role of the cyber security professional in our world today. In addition, this practical cyber security knowledge training will prepare you for the ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) exam.
Cyber Security Fundamentals – what will you learn?
In this 4-day Cyber Security Fundamentals training you will learn to:
- understand basic cyber security concepts and definitions
- understand basic security architecture principles
- understand security of networks, systems, applications and data
- define types of incidents and identify elements of an incident response plan
- explain the core Information Assurance (IA) principles
- identify the key components of cyber security network architecture
- apply cyber security architecture principles
- describe risk management processes and practices
- identify security tools and hardening techniques
- distinguish system and application security threats and vulnerabilities
- describe different classes of attacks
- define types of incidents including categories, responses and timelines for response
- describe new and emerging IT and Information Security (IS) technologies
- analyze threats and risks within the context of the cyber security architecture
- appraise cyber security incidents to apply appropriate response
- evaluate decision making outcomes of cyber security solutions
- access additional external responses to supplement knowledge of cyber security
In addition you will be prepared to take the ISACA Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) Certificate exam.
About ISACA – Information Systems Audit and Control Association
ISACA is a global professional association focused on IT governance, IT auditing, information security and risk management of automation. ISACA currently serves over 140,000 members and professionals holding ISACA certifications in more than 180 countries worldwide. ISACA has over 220 chapters established in more than 80 countries.
The new Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) Certification is an ideal complement to ISACA's world-leading certifications: CISM, Cybersecurity Audit Certificate, CISA, CRISC and CGEIT.
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) – alignment with globally accepted standards
The Cybersecurity (CSX) program is assigned with globally accepted standards and frameworks, including the Cyber Security NIST framework for improving Critical Infrastructure Cyber Security, ISO 27001, and the COBIT framework.
Difference between CISM and Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX)
ISACA's Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) will continue to be the certification for those who want to oversee, direct, and manage information security programs from the managerial side of the operation. The Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) certification aims at technical security skills and knowledge.
Who should attend?
This Cyber Security Fundamentals training is ideal for staff that are new to cyber security, or are looking to move into a cyber security role from a related IT function. The following professionals should be interested: security officers, information security managers, IT managers, risk managers, IT auditors, and many other professionals.
There are no mandatory prerequisites to participate in this training and to pass the Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) exam, although working in an IT environment and being involved or concerned with IT security implications is recommended.
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) – exam domains
This 4-day training reviews a total of 5 exam domains:
Domain 1 - Cyber security concepts
Domain 2 - Cyber security architecture principles
Domain 3 - Security of networks, systems, applications, and data
Domain 4 - Incident response
Domain 5 - Security implications and adoption of evolving technology
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) – exam
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) exam is an online, closed book, remotely proctored exam. The exam covers the 5 domains and includes a total of 75 multiple choice questions. The number of questions in each domain depends on the weight assigned. The exam takes 2 hours and the passing score is 65%.
The Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) Certificate does not have an expiration date.
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) – courseware
You will receive a manual with slides and ISACA's official Cybersecurity Fundamentals Study Guide.
The following courses could also be of interest to you and/or your colleagues:
With at least 5 participants, an in-house training could be your best option. An in-company training, customized to the needs of your organization, has many advantages and:
- saves you and your colleagues time
- enables you to train in the comfort of your own working environment
- saves travel and accommodation expenses
- can be arranged at a time and place convenient for you
- sensitive issues can be discussed openly since no outsiders are present
Would you prefer an in-company training? Please contact us. We are more than happy to discuss the various possibilities with you.
Cyber Security Fundamentals - course outline
Cyber security concepts
- Cyber security objectives
- Cyber security roles
- Differences between information security and cyber security
Cyber security architecture principles
- Confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Authentication and non repudiation
Cyber security of networks, systems, applications, and data
- Lifecycle management landscape
- Security architecture processes
- Security architecture tools
- Intermediate lifecycle management concepts
- Basics of risk management
- Operational threat environments
- Classes of attacks
- Incident categories
- Incident response
- Incident recovery
Security implications of the adoption of emerging technologies
- New and emerging IT and IS technologies
- Mobile security issues, risks, and vulnerabilities
- Cloud concepts around data and collaboration
Cybersecurity Fundamentals (CSX) – exam training
Your trainer is a very experienced and ISACA certified trainer.
This 4-day Cyber Security Fundamentals training will take place near Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The classes are from 09.30 hrs until 17.00 hrs. The training will take place on the following dates:
Cyber Security Fundamentals – training I
- 11, 18, 25 May + 1 June 2021